Re: udm66 rescue disk doesnt detect udma controllers

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> bug1 <bug1@netconnect.com.au> writes:
>
> > I think we want the the -ide rather than the -idepci kernel for the
> > udma66 kernel, or is the -idepci kernel supposed to have udma66 support
> > as well ?
>
> No, the udma66 flavor should be using the ide flavor, the idepci
> flavor should be using the ide flavor.
>
> Argh?!

Im getting confused now...

We want the udma66 flavour to use the kernel from the -ide kernel
package.
We want the idepci flavour to use the kernel from the -idepci kernel
package.

Curently both the udma66 and idepci flavours of rescue images use the
kernel from the -idepci kernel package, which is not correct.
No rescue images are using the kernel from the -ide kernel package, but
the udma66 rescue image should be.

I tried installing the udma66 flavour and it contained the idepci kernel
rather than ide kernel.

Im sure i downloaded the correct image, i double checked.

Am i making sense, can anyone confirm this.

Thanks

Glenn