Printing task?

I did a trial install (i386) using the latest boot-disks.  I selected
everything and the only problem was that task-dialup *-isdn *-news-server
fell over because inn2 was not configured.

But I did notice an omission, printing.  None of the tasks includes lpr,
gs, libpaper, magicfilter or apsfilter.  If an official set is built then
most of these are included on the first CD because of popularity-contest,
but they are not installed.

Are there any plans to create task-printing?

I did not notice any other omissions in task-*s, but it might be an idea
if people checked for this kind of omission when they are testing.

I found the task-* system a great improvement.  Could I suggest another
level? task-home-computer which would depend on task-dialup, task-games,
task-gnome-games, task-gnome-apps, task-gnome-desktop, task-gnome-net,
task-newbie-help, task-x-window-system - and whatever else might be useful
to a newbie to Debian.  It would be helpful be able to tell a raw newbie
to select this and not get confused with the rest.

I have just thought of another possible omission - simple networking for a
home network, but it is late and I want to go to bed.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818