Re: [Vilmos Soti <vilmos@vilmos.org>] Re: libfdisk doesn't get along with FreeBSD partitions

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Can someone give consideration to this BSD / linux partitioning issue?
>
> From: Vilmos Soti <vilmos@vilmos.org>
>
> Oh Adam, it is not solved. It seems you have different kernels if
> you boot from dos or from floppy. I already sent you the stuff when
> I booted from DOS. At that time I didn't get the error. I double
> checked it now, and that works (or it seems) correctly by not
> recognizing the BSD stuff.

Oh, sorry, I should have noticed this thread earlier.

The BSD disklabel stuff (not the OSF disklabel stuff) in libfdisk is
turned off.  You need to define HAVE_BSD_DISKLABEL or some such to
turn it on.

However there is a really dumb bug in it (it reads 1024 bytes into a
512 byte buffer) that needs to be fixed first.  I'll commit this in a
little while.

I've got an enhanced version of our libfdisk that I'm using for other
stuff, which might be useful for woody.

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile