LS120/ZIP support

Hi folks,

Adam has asked me to add LS120/ZIP support as a source medium into
dbootstrap. I expect to have at least part of that done by this weekend.

Currently, I envision only limited support -- you'll be able to use the
ls120/zip device as a source for drivers and base, having previously
formatted your ls120/zip drive as a dos/vfat/linux disk. Is that the way
most people do it? Is there a need to create a special root image for these
devices? Should be fairly straightforward to do, actually.... I guess
something like this would work, after building a "normal" 1.44 root.bin,
drivers and base:

dd if=/dev/zero of=$TMP/idefloppy.bin bs=1k count=50000 # ~50M image
losetup /dev/loop1 $TMP/idefloppy.bin
mke2fs -m 0 /dev/loop1
mount /dev/loop1 $MNT/dest
gzip -dc root.bin > $TMP/root.bin.src
losetup /dev/loop2 $TMP/root.bin.src
mount /dev/loop2 $MNT/src
(cd $MNT/src ; tar cf - * | (cd ../dest ; tar xfp -))
cp drivers.tgz $MNT/dest
cp base2_2.tgz $MNT/dest
[ cleanup ]

I don't have plans to support booting off the device, unless someone else
volunteers to work on it. This is mostly because I only have an ATAPI zip
drive which is not bootable (on my computer, at least).

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/