2.2.12 i386 weirdness

Sorry to be posting to the boot list and not to the BTS, but I wanted some
feedback from a hu-man to see if it is just me, and not to raise unnecessary
reports.

I just found the following problems with the 2.2.12 i386 disks (1.44).

I put base-1.bin to floppy (twice, on to different floppies) and both times
the install aborted after reading the entire disk saying the checksum
was incorrect. The file md5sum is:
	50edc253309079ae7e194d103610460a  base-1.bin

And furthermore, problems with loading any drivers. I did see a bug report
mentioning /target/etc/modules.conf and /target/etc/modules, which
would explain the err messages I got, and probably also why I can't
use the menu to 'Configure the Device Drivers' since modconf won't run.

Many thanks.
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_bromberger.com>
 Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html