Re: boot-floppies 2.2.12 uploaded

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 09:34:24PM -0400, mailaccount wrote:
> >No, it is to be located at the usual place in the archive, and thus I
> >did not feel the need to tell everyone where to get it this morning.
>
> And where is the usual place?

The usual place is
<http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc>, as
I have said on almost every post related to boot floppies until fairly
recently, and is documented in a couple thousand places.

> Those "in the know on debian-ppc" either have the worst habits for
> posting to
> archived and searchable mailing lists I have ever encountered
> or else you are going out of your way to make the
> information accessible to only a few select people who are
> "in the know."

I object to your tone.  Bear in mind that we are a project of
volunteers.  Sniping at us gets you nothing but crossfire.

> >And if you want to get any kind of response at all,
> >can you please USE A REAL EMAIL ADDRESS?
>
> No, No, No!   I don't want a personal and private response.
> If you can't say it to everyone, I don't want to hear it!

I have no objection to saying it to everyone.  If I was going to answer
you at all I would CC it to the list.  But everyone that replies to you
gets a bounce message.  That is obnoxious and exceptionally bad
etiquette.

> Or is this really a private club and a private eMail address is just the
> first of the many unwritten rules for joining?

No, some sort of valid - private or otherwise - email address is the
unwritten rule of posting to any mailing list or sending mail to any
individual.

> Sorry for the RANTING

And for once in my life, I will not forgive you the ranting.  Show a
little courtesy, or I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to just not
bother answering you any more.

Dan