Re: Modconf is still busted

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 10:43:52PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> Mind testing this one more time? there's a new modconf 0.2.26.12 at
> http://incoming.debian.org/

No probs.

> (I pulled the old one when you reported that it was still broken).

Okay, this one appears to be coping with the modules.conf situation ie:
it doesn't complain like before.

Unfortunately, the modules still won't install. I get the error:

"modprobe: can't open dependencies file (/lib/modules/2.2.14/modules.dep)
no such file or directory"

Shouldn't it be looking for /target/lib/modules/2.2.14/modules.dep ?

If I switch to vt2 and type depmod -a, it will then not complain but of
course it can't find any modules as the modules.dep it finds is for the
root disk.

I hope I'm not complicating matters by building the bf's while running
a 2.2.15 kernel. It shouldn't matter, right?

		Greg