Re: bootable high density 1992KB syslinux rescue/root disk (fwd)

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Guys, I'd like to shelve the discussion.
>
> We're not at this point going to mess around with the densities we
> ship.
>
> Anyone who really cares can pretty easily work out different sets of
> floppies by hacking the source.  But a change this deep is not going
> to be made to the main code line for potato, no way.

Fair enough, i just wanted to bring the topic up to see if it actually
worked for anyone else, making conversation. I didnt mean to suggest it
was for everyone, or even for potato for that matter.

I cant get it working in anything but vmware anyway, i dunno why, the
software bios in vmware must be more versatile than the real thing...

I realise the channel is trying to concentrating on immediate goals, in
future i'll find someone else to ramble to.

Thanks

Glenn McGrath