Re: Why can I not more install from ZIP-Disk ???

Michelle Konzack <starone@cybercable.fr> writes:

> I had used SLINK and I had every time installed from a Dos-Boot-Floppy
> and then from a ZIP100-Disk.
>
> The files are:
> loadlin.exe     linux           root.bin
> rescue.bin      drivers.tgz     base2_1.tgz
>
> I have done this for POTATO too.
> I can boot, partition my harddisk and initialise the partitions.
>
> 1st Question:   Why does it work in 8 seconds for a 5,6 GByte drive ???

Because it's not checking for bad sectors.  If you want that test
(which is usually unnecessary), then use the verbose boot argument.

> Then if I like to continue, I can not choose my ZIP-Drive (hdc).
>
> 2nd Question:   Why do you have removed it from the Dialog ???

Yikes.  We didn't, at least not intentionally.

What does /proc/ide/hdc/media say?  Try this from the 2nd tty while
booted into the rescue disk.

Does the kernel you are using support the device?  Kernel messages
should tell that...