Re: 1440

It works for me

1440KBytes = 1440x1024 = 1474560 Bytes which is the size of the image.

I suspect the 1.38MB capacity your refering to is after its had its high
level format.

Remember the image contains the filesystem layout as well, your disk
only needs a low level format before using either rawrite or dd to write
the image to the floppy, dont use the copy command to move the image to
your disk, that wont work.

For the record a 3.5" floppys unformated capacity is 2.0MB, they can be
low level formatted to 1920 MB or so. They can reliably be formated to
1.72MB on i386 architectures (not sure about others). I dunno why people
format floppys to 1.44MB i guess its just because microsoft did it that
way for a long time before changing to formatting to 1.72MB.