Re: Xfree configuration hangs when installing from scratch.

> the dialog boxes tells me that i don't have a /proc/pci (which is normal since
> i don't have a pci bus on my hardware, and am using an fbdev X server anyway.)
[...]
> Anyway, since at least two arches that debian will support with potato use the
> fbdev X server, and maybe other could use it too, would it not be nice to
> check for a present /proc/fb#, when no /proc/pci is there (or even check for
> both and ask the user which he will use) ?

This is xviddetect's fault. dhd has offered to send me some code to do
basically what you suggested. i hope to have some time to look at this soon
myself as well. how do you detect if fbdev is actually enabled in the kernel?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/