package selection problems (Re: boot floppies 2.2.7 available for testing)

Ok, this time it's an old system that I have sitting in the corner.

After reboot, it asks to configure apt.  Now, I have no cd, not currently
dialed in, and no local mirror.  Manually configuring the sources.list
works easy enough, complains about not being able to verify things
(expected).  I had to cancel the apt config to pass to the next part.
Canceling the simple/advanced package selection returned me to the same
(or maybe the apt) dialog.  I knew simple would have problems since I
didn't have a network connection.  Trying advanced caused a reboot.
Definately not a good result.  On the plus side, following a reboot, the
awery keyboard problem is gone.

Brandon

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Boot-floppies 2.2.7 have been released, and need some testing. 2.2.7 is
> mostly bugfixes, plus more changes to lbr/lilo prompting. Several of the
> previous problems, like networking and DHCP, seem to have been fixed;
> others, like PCMCIA, may still be a problem. We need some more problem &
> success reports to figure out where to go and what to do from here. Much of
> what Adam posted about the last release is still quite relevant:
>
> > Debuggers should be using the 'debug' bootarg when booting.  Other
> > interesting bootargs are 'verbose' (for instance, if you don't want to
> > retain 2.0 compat in your e2fs filesystems) and 'quiet' (tries to
> > inhibit prompts whenever possible).

Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197