Contributing to the Developement of Debian Installation Program

Few days ago I discussed in news with a Debian developer about
contributing to the development of the installation program.

I've used Debian since 1.2 and I've always feeled that it's a great
operating system. IMHO the weakest point is installation: it's too
much work even for an experienced user and it can be very hard for a
person who doesn't know much about PC hardware. Personally I have
never feeled that this is a big problem but many people seem to disagree
with me. So I'd like to help.

The developer asked me to post to this list and ask what there's to do
and told me that at least there's testing.

I can write sh and Perl. I know C, too, but I'd rather not write
anything to a production environment with C.

I have two computers I could test with: a clone P-120 and an old HP Vectra
486.

So, what could I do? Anyone?

--
Ari Makela
hauva@iki.fi   		              		    http://www.iki.fi/hauva/

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live. You also panic." - Douglas Adams