Re: More about 'releases'

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 04:24:36PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > By the way: shouldn't the index.wml in releases be changed now that
> > potato is frozen? If the 'active' generation of text about frozen does
> > not work, why not change it into static content? After all, releases
> > don't happen that often...
>
> I believe he files under releases/ are maintained by the boot floppies
> group. We really need to coordinate better with them and the doc
> group. Is someone willing to join either (or both) groups and see
> how we can better coordinate?

What needs to be done, actually? If these pages are to be generated from
webpages WMLs, someone needs to:

  * disable building on the boot-floppies side, and remove those files,
  * transfer any missing data from SGML (?) to the WMLs.

AFAICT, that is.

Since this involves debian-boot people, I'm CC:ing their list. I don't see
how is this an issue for the documentation group/list, it's only remotely
connected to the debian-history document. :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name