Re: Installing to loopback device

"Joseph A. Martin" <martinja@ice-works.com> writes:

> 	I asked on Debian User and was told that the potato boot disks
> would allow installation to a loopback device. I assume this is true
> and would like to test/debug the boot disks.

I don't know if it is true or not.  I kinda doubt it is the case.  I
think the technical impediments to installing on a loop have been
removed, but that the necessary changes to dbootstrap (the install
program that runs) have not yet been made.

> Where can I get recent disk images and how finished is this support?

boot-floppies 2.2.6 from the potato distribution, available on any
debian archive.

> What do I need to do to adequately stress these things?

Just try it out I guess.