Re: lilo problems explained

Hi,

A real quick note before I rush off a meeting ...

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 03:53:19PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
>   return strcmp(part->disk->name, DEV_HDA) == 0;
>
> The problem with this code is that part->disk is NULL or has garbage in it
> or something! As far as I can tell, no code ever sets Root->disk to a value.

Oh, my most humble apologies.

> I have commented out the tests Mark added, so we can get 2.2.5 out the door.
> Mark, if you want to go in and fix it properly, you will probably have to
> modify libfdisk so it actually fills the Root->disk data structure.

Certainly.  I'll try to get this done ASAP.  On second blush, I also see
Root->disk won't be defined for non-partitioned devices, so the tests
need to be changed anyway, regardless of libfdisk changes.

> have people writing to cvs, we need some way to easily look up who they
> really are based on the id they checked things in as so we can contact them.

Perhaps I should include my email address in future CVS commit messages?

Mark.