Re: [busybox/utility.c:recursiveAction] ? - followLinks, stat, lstat

    Erik> On Mon Jan 24, 2000 at 11:05:59PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom
    Erik> wrote:
    >>  % cvs diff -w utility.c Index: utility.c
    >> RCS file:
    >> /cvs/debian-boot/boot-floppies/utilities/busybox/utility.c,v
    >> retrieving revision 1.30 diff -u -w -r1.30 utility.c ---
    >> utility.c 2000/01/23 02:13:50 1.30 +++ utility.c 2000/01/25
    >> 07:00:37 @@ -406,7 +406,6 @@ else status = lstat(fileName,
    >> &statbuf);
    >>
    >> - status = lstat(fileName, &statbuf); if (status < 0) {
    >> perror(fileName); return (FALSE);

    Erik> Yikes!  Now I understand.  This is certainly something
    Erik> leftover in the code, and (as you noticed) is obviously
    Erik> wrong.  Of course, the chance of my seeing a bug is
    Erik> inversely proportional to the number of times I look at
    Erik> it...  In your first email, I didn't even _see_ the last
    Erik> line. I guess it sortof looked like a sig.

    Erik> Anyways, thank-you, and good spotting. I Will apply this
    Erik> fix,

 Ok.  There's more on the way; after some sleep, I'll spend some time
 in the sources.

 When you copy symlinks, it sets the permissions of the thing the
 symlink points to right now.  I think I mailed to the list about it
 earlier...

 I've been goofing with `VMware', getting it to work, and running
 installs in it.  I recommend it to anyone who has a machine that can
 run it!  Really cool.  It works very well on my AMD-K6 233 w/128Mb
 RAM.  It's a little slow inside the vm, but the the rest of the
 machine runs pretty much normally.

 I really freaked after I first tried to run it...  the modules it
 installed were built for an older kernel, and caused an oops when
 they got `rmmod'd.  (I finally figured out that if I remove all of
 the binary modules they ship, that the installer will build modules
 for the kernel you're running, and install those...)  I rebooted, and
 my computer would not reboot!!!  I was freaked because I thought that
 VMware had written garbage into my BIOS or something... I'd been
 goofing with the vmware BIOS.  I re-flashed the BIOS and
 everything... come to find out that what it was was there was
 filesystem corruption on my /boot partition, and the mbr was blown
 away.  After running a `fsck -f' on the partition, re-running `lilo'
 and using `dd' to put a new copy of `mbr.b' in place, it rebooted no
 problem.  I actually smoked a cigarette it was so bad. ;-)

 I will spend time on `busybox' tomorrow/later today.

 I'll be on IRC; asleep until about 10 or 12 PST though.