Re: modconf and boot floppies; closing rc bug #51015

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 01:10:39AM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> In several test runs i've done recently, the latest modconf seems to work ok
> with 2.2 kernels. there are still some annoying points which i hope to fix,
> but they are mostly cosmetic.

One small bug I noticed in my tests is that the "/target/etc/modules.conf" file
is not being updated with the module that I loaded during the dbootstrap run.

eg: I normally select the 'ne2k-pci' module during install. This normally
results in 'ne2k-pci' being appended to /etc/modules.conf on the target system.

This didn't happen in my tests resulting in a non-functioning network upon the
first reboot.

This only started happening with the latest modconf.

info: I'm building with 2.2.4 source and using up-to-date frozen pacakges as
current cvs doesn't work for me (fails mounting the rescue image)

		Greg