Re: powerpc boot-floppies from current CVS broken

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 02:16:06PM +0300, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:45:43AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> > Interestingly enough, on both systems I can pass "init=/bin/sh" to the
> > kernel, mount /proc manually, then execute /sbin/dbootstrap.  In this
> > case, both systems are able to run through the installation and I/O
> > is handled as expected.  There are, of course, lots of little problems
> > along the way to fix due to the code clean up and new features.
> You may also kill dbootstrap from the second console (as I did) and after
> that it works just fine.  I believe the subject on irc channel #boot-floppies
> was `dbootstrap does not work with new init' or something.  So this seems to
> be a known problem. :)

Ahhh, wonderful.  I also saw that it worked when killing dbootstrap from
the second console, forgot to mention that part.  That puts the problem
in the busybox arena then...

> It looks like the problem lies (sp??) in the way init redirects stdin/stdout
> or something.  At least, I saw that on irc...

Hmmm.  Makes sense.  I should have popped over to that channel as soon as
I saw problems.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com