Re: new after-boot config (long)

Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 06:52:10PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Michael Sobolev wrote:
> > > My main concern is i18n.  Correct me: debconf does not support i18n.
> >
> > In fact, I wrote the core of it today. All the text on the templates can now
> > be translated.
>
> please tell me where the pot-s are?

I'm not using pot files. The translations appear in the template files
debconf uses. For example, the base-config source has a debian/templates
file that has stanzas like this in it:

Template: base-config/root-password-again
Type: password
 Please enter the same root password again to verify you have typed it
 correctly.

The part that needs translating is the description, mainly. You accomplish
this by adding another line titled "Description-ll_XX:", where ll_XX is the
country code (or just "Description-ll:", whatever). The line has the same
format as the description line and appears right after the extended
description.

--
see shy jo