Re: Current status?

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

> The freeze is planned three weeks from now.  Are you still on schedule
> with the boot floppies?

Yes, we can get a working set for sure.  We're pretty close now.  We
just have a problem with the drivers disk, and the auto-detection
stuff doesn't work as well as it ought yet, but that will be fixed by
2.2.4 which will be out shortly.

I might be a little out of it since I just got back from vacation last
night.

modconf is still a worry -- its not getting along with dbootstrap and
is way out of date still.

I guess the perl-5.005-base problems have been fixed but I don't know
if that's been tested.

I'd like to see how far we can go with debconf'ing the
post-installation tasks (shadow passwords etc).  That may or may not
make it.

Likewise, it looks like installation of base via http is sorta there
-- hopefully, ftp will make it in too.

dhcp/bootp is a sketchy one.  I really hope it makes it in but its not
there at all yet.