Re: Busybox tar still having a few problems

On Mon Dec 27, 1999 at 10:05:41AM +1100, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Specifically:
>
>  - the setuid bit on binaries is not being preserved (took me ages to figure
>    out why 'su' wouldn't work on fresh installs :)
>
>  - permissions and owner/group info is not being restored correctly on /dev
>    special files.
>
> Way to test. Create a base2_2.tgz file and untar in a temp dir using stock
> tar then do same using busybox tar in a different temp dir and compare the
> results. You'll see the difference.

Hmm.  I was sure I tested these cases.  Could somebody
verify for me that they also see this problem?

Anyway, I'll be flying home tomorrow so I'll be able to
take a look at this Monday afternoon (unless somebody
beats me to the fix,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/