Re: Autodetection of CD-ROM devices

On Dec 19, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Chris, your patch looks good.  Do you wanna apply it and install it
> into the system?

Sure; obviously, I'll need to do a little work to integrate it
properly into the choose_cdrom() function.  I should have time to do
that this week.

> There are many places throughout both dbootstrap and libfdisk where
> device names are hard-coded.  In all these cases, we should be
> scanning /proc as in your patch.

I'll take a look around and see where else we can benefit from looking
in /proc.  I'm pretty sure we can use /proc/partitions to bypass a lot
of logic, especially if we're commited to using a 2.2 kernel in potato.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence       |  You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>  |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.   |   Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:    |
|  University of Mississippi  |   <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>    |