Re: framebuffer

> I see fbset utility in scripts/basedisks/PACKAGES_all file.  Does it mean that
> we use kernels that support framebuffer on all platforms?

Not yet and not for all platforms. We have a section in the boot-floppies, called
bogl. This is really great stuff and i'ld like it to have it as the standard for the
next release (not this release). Or we use it only for framebuffer archs as m68k and
powerpc. With it we can have higher resolutions then 640x480 (or the equalent 40x25
or so) and with background pictures, sound-, micesupport.

Don't know if vesafb, atyfb and matroxfb are included in the i386 kernel-image.

Thanks,

   Hartmut