Re: syslogd still crapping out

On Tue Dec 07, 1999 at 07:04:47PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I dunno... I'm all up-to-date, but syslogd still won't start for me,
> with the 'Unable to get file descriptor /dev/log: invalid argument' or
> whatever...
>
> Erik -- is this working for you?  I'm testing on i386...

Yup. I wrote and tested it on x86.

Just to test it, if you cd to the boot-floppies/utility/busybox
directory, run 'make' and then run (as root)
    /etc/init.d/sysklogd stop
    ./busybox syslogd
the running
    pf fax
and
    tail -f /var/log/messages
should show BB syslogd and BB klog are running and doing their thing.

There may be something about the boot floppies that is different than my
devel box here at Lineo (PIII-500, latest Debian potato). Lemme compile
up the latest boot-floppies and try BB syslogd there.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org