Re: wierd busybox bugs on find

On Sat Nov 27, 1999 at 01:11:05AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Problems with 'find'.  These examples are from the rescue filesystem,
> CVS build from today:
>
> # cd /usr/bin
> # find . -name '*log'
> * or \+ or \? follows nothingSegmentation fault
>
> -- note that 'find . -name "*log"' is perfectly valid.
>
> # find . -name 'log*'
> ./loadfont
> ./logger
>
> -- looks like an "off by one" error -- it's matching 'lo*' ?

status report:

I had an hour today to start digging into this one (between meetings and
writing of product design docs -- ugh), anyways, it is a real bugger.
Seems that you've uncovered a case where the regexp parser is indeed
doing an off-by-one. I see where the problem lies, and I'm working on
finding the right fix that won't break anything else. Expect a fix Real
Soon Now(tm), but probably not tonight since my wife wants us to go and
buy some sort of a coniferous christmas shrub ;-).

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org