swap priorities

Im a bit confused.

I just created two swap files with the boot floppies, the first swap
file (28MB) has priority -1, and the second swap file i made (64MB) has
a priority -2.

On my systems i currently have 4 swap files (4 drives) and as i
understoop making them the same priority enabled the kernel to use them
in parallel (raid like). I assigned mine all priority of 1.

I looked at man swapon and it says the priority can be anything between
0 and 32767.

So two questions

1) Should the swap priorities be a positive value.

2) Should the priorities of multiple swap files be the same.

Im not an expert on this, but it jsut seemed odd to me.

Thanks

Glenn McGrath