Re: Using XML for boot-floppies (was Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies polish)

On Friday 19 November 1999, at 14 h 8, the keyboard of Michael Sobolev
<mss@transas.com> wrote:

> of language element) to be in one language only.  For example, for French (BTW,
> I do not understand why french.xml is valid: it uses ISO-8859-1, which, I
> believe, is not a subset of UTF-8),

It is not valid (the word "valid" has a very precise meaning in XML). But it
is well-formed, may be by pure luck (after all, a random combination of bytes
can be legal UTF-8).