Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies polish

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:08:42AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Friday 19 November 1999, at 0 h 48, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
> <aph@va.debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Added files:
> > 	utilities/language-chooser: polish.xml
>
> This is the first file which does not use Latin-1 or US-ASCII as its
> encoding. It breaks the whole system, since the Python library, like expat,
> apparently does not recognize Latin-2 (which wasn't indicated, anyway).
Hmmm...  Actually, the first file was russian.xml :)  Well, I am using xmlproc
parser, it does not check (without special pestering) the input encoding (by
default, xmlproc just works with input as a 8bit stream).  I decided to try to
make use of it.

> I suggest:
>
> - all XML files to display the proper PI:
>       <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
So do you propose to have a separate file for every language?  Or do you want
to convert all files into utf-8?

> PS: why commits by Michael are "From: Adam di Carlo"? A side-effect from CVS
> guest accounts? In any case, if a CVS expert can fix that...
I believe the loginfo script uses `mail' or similar command that puts into From:
field the name of the user under whom it's executed.  So unless I get an
account there (which I doubt is of any use :) or the cvs user is changed, we'll
get that `From: Adam di Carlo'... :)

--
Mike