dac960 devices on boot-floppies

on the same note of devices, would it be possible for the makedev people to
provide something like a dac960-tiny, so that /dev/rd/* devices could be
included on the boot-floppies?

the current entry for dac960 in the makedev /dev/MAKEDEV creates 2048 devices,
which is a little wasteful for a root image.

i'd think we only would need entries for one controller and two disks (and
their slices) to allow us to install onto this.
--
nathan a ferch
nf@marginal.net