Re: how do i use cvs to make potato boot floppies?

These questions may seem stupid to some of you

Most things i can pickup, but i have no idea..  i dont even understand the
docs

is the repository cvs.debian.org?
and is the CVSROOT where the files get downloaded to.

There must be some straightforward dcos out there....  ones that dont come
with warnings.

I hoped it would just a simple thing, all i want to do is get the files, i
can see them in my web browser at
http://cvs.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/debian-boot/boot-floppies/ but when i
try and get at the readme its all garbage, is the README encrypted or
compressed ?

The best i can guess is i do something like cvs checkout -d something.
Whatever i seem to type after the -d it just responds with
"Please use the -d option"
i am bloody using the -d option

Take pitty on me, please give me another hint oh great ones.