Re: Successful build of root.bin on 68k Mac

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 01:45:48AM -0400, David Huggins-Daines wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've gotten CVS boot-floppies to build rootmac.bin successfully, and it
> boots and the keyboard works even (unlike current slink boot floppies on 2.2
> kernels :)
>
> I've skipped library reduction for the time being - rootmac.bin compresses
> to about a megabyte:
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     dhd       1054410 Oct 20 01:17 rootmac.bin
>
> This is with glibc2.1 by the way...  The machine I'm building on at the
> moment is glibc2.1, however I've set up an NFS root volume with glibc2.0
> that I can boot into to build "kosher" boot floppies (as it stands my setup
> is not pure potato anyway because I have local libnewt and slang packages -
> why has the buildd not built newt 0.50 BTW?!)

You could use wanna-build to tell buildd you will build and dupload those
packages since you've already made them for local use.  I generally try
to do that for powerpc if I am way ahead of the autobuilder.

> I'll be uploading this stuff to
> http://eradicator.org/debian/mac68k-potato-boot/ soon (not right now, I
> still have to build the base system and rescue/drivers)

Any idea if the mvme16x stuff works?

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com