Re: New boot floppies for potato!

Petr Cech <cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> I'm trying to compile boot-floppies. When I set the correct
> path to my mirror of Debian, make imediatly fails with
> Makefile:691: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
>
> hmm. Quick hack is to comment out the offending line in
> makefile ($(shell find $(archive) -type f )).
> Could it matter that the archive mirror has also some additional
> subdirs (like base/OTHER and such)?

I don't think anyone else is getting this... can you run 'make check'
and that succeeds?

> 2) Handling of non-english languages.  dbootstrap defines
> LANG=$LINGUA.

Where?

> It is IMHO bad. The correct setting for Czech is (at
> least) cs_CZ, only cs doesn't do it (like perl is complaining about
> the non-existance of locale - the files in /usr/share/locale/cs are
> only translations of programes not locale settings). Other
> posibility is to set LANG=czech and less locale.alias handle it. But
> there is currently no way dbootstrap can do this.  I think it should
> be enough to add another configuration variable, like CORRECT_LANG,
> which will be written to disk on install or make the scripts chomp
> addidional characters from correctly set LINGUA (cs_CZ.iso88592 ->
> cs).  This should apply to other languages as well.

That would be cumbersome and difficult to maintain.  Why not just set
LANG from LINGUA properly?  I used to have this in
documentation/Makefile, but it's not needed anymore.  Shouldn't this
be in the top level makefile perhaps?

ifeq ($(LINGUA),C)
SRCEXT          :=
DESTEXT         := .en
DEBIANDOCENV    := LANG=en_US
else
SRCEXT          := .$(LINGUA)
DESTEXT         := .$(LINGUA)
ifeq ($(LINGUA),pt)
DEBIANDOCENV    := LANG=pt_BR
else
ifeq ($(LINGUA),ja)
DEBIANDOCENV    := LANG=ja_JP
else
ifeq ($(LINGUA),cs)
DEBIANDOCENV    := LANG=cs_CZ
else
DEBIANDOCENV    := LANG=$(shell echo $(LINGUA) | perl -pe 's/(.*)/\L$$1\E_\U$$1\E/')
endif
endif
endif
endif