Re: Essential bloat [was: Debian on CDROM]

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> "Craig H. Block" <pdxsj@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> > I'm looking forward to when floppy support is discontinued in lieu of
> > bootable CD's.  This will remove the stifling constraints on the image
> > sizes.  After that, you will just download an ISO image file and burn a CD
> > with it.
>
> Even bootable CD specs (such as El Torito) have inherited some of the
> limitations of booting from floppy.

Excuse me for my ignorance.  Yes, I looked at the spec and found that
there are limitations.  As I eat crow, I made the false assumption that
there were none.

The original post was only my opinion as a _user_ and in no way reflects
the attitudes or goals of the developers group of which I am _not_ a
member.