New troubles with busybox init

I had everything working a few days back on PowerPC and now I running into
some difficulties.  There was a flurry of changes made since then but I
can't seem to nail any of them down as the culprit of this problem.  Here's
the tail of my startup dump:

	Partition check:
	sda: sda1 sda2 sda3
	VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
	Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k init 8k pmac 12k open firmware
	init
	[<System hangs>]

I've put loads of tracing statements into the kernel to confirm that, yes,
busybox's init is being spawned.  I can't see any outputs from printf's
at main() in busybox though....really odd...just that "init" output from
somewhere.  The only place that seems possible is the usage message but
that's unlikely since it is spawned with no args as required.  I dropped
in a hello world prog for /sbin/init and it worked fine.  Fell back on
my local backup mirror in case something was corrupt on our nightly full
mirror of Debian...no help there.

Anyone have any ideas for this hacker?  I've looked at this for too long
now...

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com