Re: debconf apt configurator

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> AFAIK, /dev/cdrom is currently being made in two places
> 1. When a cdrom driver module is inserted (using the menu system) after the
>    drivers floppy has been unzipped,

This only covers the proprietary CD-ROM interface drivers.

> 2. When /dev/hd[a-z] is choosen to install either kernel/drivers or base
>    system from.

And this works for IDE and SCSI. And if /dev/cdrom already exists it
should be offered there too.

> Autodetection of /dev/hd[a-z] and /dev/scd[0-9] has to take place before
> installing kernel/drivers. But the kernel already auto-detects this; the dmesg
> output may be used for this (I couldn't find this info under /proc).

That's the reason why we have to offer all /dev/hda* devices instead
of listing only the CD ones.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@sax.de>		http://www.sax.de/~sr1/