Re: Unstable release

Raul Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:08:25AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > > Of course, I know that it's an unstable release, but is it really
> > > this hard to install,
> >
> > Install slink, the upgrade with apt. Simple as that.
>
> How much of slink?
>
> Has anyone tried installing potato with just the slink boot disks?

Two more reasons why Debian is so excellant:  apt-get upgrade and dpkg
--set-selections

Do a minimal slink install.  Get your internet connectivity up. Check
your /etc/apt/sources.list file points to potato.  Then simply type
"apt-get update" then "apt-get upgrade" minus the quotes.  Use dselect's
apt method to finish up.  To make things even easier, create a file of
selections.  You can start with dpkg --get-selections > selections to
see the format.  Set your selections in the file and use dpkg
--set-selections < selections.  Makes installation easy as pie by
eliminating the need to scroll through 4000 packages.