Updates to ash and busybox

I've made some updates (as part of my working for lineo) that I'd like
to see added to the boot floppies since things behave better now (and
since I'm a Debian guy too :).

I have made some updates to busybox (better tar, added chroot, better
dd, added a simple grep, etc). I'm not done (heck, they are paying me to
fix it and since we do embedded stuff, fixing up busybox fits in nicely
and also lets me help the boot floppy team.) Still pending for busybox
are some additions to date that I just got a patch for.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions or bug-fix requests for busybox,
please let me know!

Would folks be interested in me making a .deb out of this? It would only
take a few minutes, and would avoid needing to hide the source in the
boot-floppies package, per the current way of doing stuff.

I also just took the latest ash from netbsd and ported it back over to
Linux. I changed the makefile so it will use GNU make thereby removing
the dependancy on pmake as well. Also I added in a nice patch I swiped
from our friends at the Linux Router Project which makes ash obey Debian
keyboard policy (BS backspaces and DEL deletes, ^a, ^e, HOME, END, and
arrow keys do expected things, etc). And I fixed up the debian/rules
file so that it compiles w/o pmake as well.

Could you take a look and make sure I didn't miss anything? If all
looks well, I be happy to have this released as the latest Debian
boot-floppies package.

Here is my box where I've put the latest and greatest:
    ftp://slag.lineo.com/

I'm not currently on debian-boot, so please CC me on replies.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org