Re: dzinstall 1.0.40

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> > The powerpc boot floppies don't build nicely, and it's pretty fruitless
> > trying to boot some PowerMacs off floppies anyway, due to hardware bugs
> > and limitations. I think I'll stick to i386 and sparc.  Almost by
>
> The prefered way for pmac seems to be the BootX setup. This should work
> with the next boot-floppies release (from CD :-)

Doesn't BootX depend on MacOS (hardly free software). I suppose this could
be rationalised by arguing that a lot of the important parts of MacOS (as
far as BootX is concerned) live in ROM and are firmware/hardware.

Still, this doesn't help me as I've trashed the driver partition on one of
my disks and MacOS won't install anymore.

Mk