More info about ppp.o problem in disk sets

Hello All,

Somebody on the list e-mailed me for more info about the problem
I was having.  I lost the e-mail address of who mailed me so
I will respond to the list. Sorry for the extra bandwidth.

I down loaded the disk sets that do the install from

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/

you know the resc, drv, and base14-1/base14-7

And did the install in a nice clean new partition on an Intell system.

It installed fine.

But when I went to configure my ppp it said the kernel does not
support PPP or the Kernel is not configured for PPP.

The flash screen from the resc disk says the kernel used is 2.0.36

I ran uname -r after the install and reboot and it said 2.2.6
I did not replace the kernel.  The kernel came on the disk set.

I went to /lib/modules/2.0.36/net and tried insmod ppp.o and got

ppp.o: Kernel-modules version mismatch ppp.o compiled for kernel
	version 2.0.36 while this kernel is version 2.2.6

Thanks to the person that mailed me.  Hope this info helps.
Let me know if I can provide any more info.
Or if you need somebody to test the disk sets on a regular
basis let me know.

Regards,
Ray Schultz