ppp.o module problem with boot disks

Hello all,

I recently downloaded the disk sets that installs Slink and Potatoe.
You know, the Rescue, Driver and Base 1-7.

Well they booted fine and installed the base system.  But when I went
to configure my ppp connection I got a message that said that
my kernel did not support PPP because the module wasn't loaded or
the kernel wasn't configured for PPP.

I went to load the ppp.o module with insmod and got a message that
said the module was compiled for 2.0.36 but that the current kernel
was 2.2.6.

I downloaded Slink first and then tried Potatoe.  It did the same
thing.

Best to all,
Ray Schultz