init source code availablity

I'm attempting to create a rescue disk that will allow me to install
Debian 2.1 on a Compaq Proliant 2000 with a SMART RAID array controller.

I've been able to patch the 2.0.36 kernel to recognize and work with the
array, but the 'init' installation program doesn't recognize the presence
of the disks.  At this point, it seems that I need 'init' to examine
/proc/array to determine the existence of a hard disk suitable for
installation.

Is it possible to obtain the source for this program in order to further
the installation attempt?

Cheers,
Mike

Michael Hale, PhD, FCCPM     |  EMail: mehale@is.dal.ca
Asst. Professor              |  SMail: Medical Physics Section
Dept. of Radiation Oncology  |         Nova Scotia Cancer Centre
Dalhousie University         |         QEII Health Sciences Centre
Phone: (902)473-6048         |         5820 University Ave., Halifax, NS
  FAX: (902)473-6120         |         B3H 1V7          CANADA
"Science has achieved some wonderful things, of course, but I'd far rather be
             happy than right any day." - Slartibartfast