Re: installation Profiles and Tasks

On Wednesday 21 July 1999, at 0 h 34, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> Now now Martin. Be diplomatic. I think the task/profile system needs
> to change, but give kudos to Stephane for implementing it when
> everyone else was just bitching.  His solution set first standard;

And, if we want to give credits where credits are due, the task/profile system was first implemented by someone else (Christian Mader, from my faint memory) for 'hamm'. I just took it over for 'slink' and added the dependency check code (which is far from perfect, I suggest to recode it with pkg_order).