Boot/install server

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 09:22:24PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> TFTP already merges boot/root AFAIK in the TFTP image.  This should be
> generalized for all architectures.  Hopefully we could spin off a
> Debian "boot-server" package from boot-floppies with this data.

I think it's time to think of a "boot-server", or better
"install-server". Of all proposals of non-interactive
installation over a network (like installing a farm of 102
Debian machines) this one is the most appealing IMVHO - storing
the configuration in the server and making a floppy which boots
and loads a client, or perhaps giving the choice of running the
client instead of dbootstrap/whatever if the "standard" boot
becomes initrd or live-cd.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----