Re: bug in install

This goes along with a bug report I filed a few months back.  The WD7000
auto-probe will cold-lock many systems with an Adaptec SCSI controller(including
2940), but only on certain systems.  I suspect this is a BIOS/chipset bug, which
I havn't heard of any firm resolution on.  This is a NASTY problem which will
prevent initial installation.  There was some talk of ways to work around this,
including using RAMDISK as a way to mount the root filesystem during install and
then selecting which SCSI controller you have, rather than doing a compiled-in
approach to the install kernel image.  My own feeling is to just remove the
WD7000 support from the base kernel since I have yet to hear of ANYONE who uses
such a controller.  Oh well....

							Dave Bristel