Re: rc?.d configuration

On 29 May 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Matt Porter <mmporter@home.com> writes:
>
> > boot-floppies is a real mess.  Is anybody
> > else working on fixing potato's basedisks.sh?  I'm beginning to hack it up
> > now since it has loads of dependency problems when I try to build a new
> > base tarball.
>
> Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone yet actually being able to build a
> potato-based boot-floppies yet.  It's a shame.  I hope we don't go
> into freeze with a badly broken package again...

Consider this a good report.  I will probably roll my changes in a couple
days if my testing goes well.  I've been running lots of installs on my
PowerPC PReP hardware with no major problems using my changes to CVS.

Some of my trouble was lack of understanding of boot-floppies (it has a
little bit of a learning curve :).  There seem to be some Makefile
dependency problems here and there since some things don't get remade when
needed.  Things seem to basically work, though.  I still see some
features that need help like the nfs install process.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com