Re: Basics: Installing Debian GNU/Linux For Intel x86

Daniel Kabs <kabs@physik.uni-kl.de> writes:

> One thing stopped my work on installing Linux:
> Chapter 5:Methods for Installing Debian
> "Booting the Debian installation system, the first step, is generally
> done with the Rescue Floppy or from the CD-ROM."
>
> Mind you, how do I get to the rescue disks? I found some files
> called rescXXX.bin but no help file, no text file.
>
> Please, could you add a section to your document, stating how
> to create a rescue disk!

Um, it's pretty obvious in Chapter 5.  Somehow you missed:

  5.2 Description of Installation System Files
http://www.ca.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-file-descs

  5.8 Creating Floppies from Disk Images
http://www.ca.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-create-floppy