Frozen Boot during installation

	I have a notebook I am trying to install Debian 2.1 on and it freezes every
time at the Uncompressing linux... prompt.  I have tried, lowmem.bin,
resc1440tecra.bin, resc1440tecra-safe.bin and resc1440.bin.  All freeze at
exactly the same point.  Unfortunately this was handed down to me and was
put together by a third party but it does have the following identification
items:

Ultra is stamped on the monitor casing
Cat. No.:  TS30EG
Model: TS30CS
Also has the # 5008090 written on it with a barcode.

Other details,
486 75mhz
4mb ram
Slide in 3.5" drive that can be replaced with a power connector
Panasonic KXL-D720 external CD ROM (I know this is unsupported by Linux)

Anyways if you could help me I would appreciate it.
-Bill

Bill Rand  randwill@pilot.msu.edu 517-324-0873
 1130 Beech St. #141, East Lansing, MI 48823
         http://www.msu.edu/~randwill