Re: better initrd for potato (was Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination)

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 07:54:25AM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> Enrique,
>
> 	Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but isnt it possible to
> have _both_ ide and scsi on a single machine?

Yes, it's possible, but if he doesn't have a SCSI-only system he may be
able to access the floppy disk drive (AFAIK, those are also SCSI on
sparcs), and load the SCSI drivers from a different floppy (I'm still
talking about floppy-booted installations here). That's why I said he
doesn't need those drivers on the first boot-floppy unless he has a
SCSI-only system.

For CD-based installations things may get a bit harder, but we have been
talking about using bigger floppy images for CDs. The whole set of
modules will fit in there.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es