Results of different filesystems for root.bin

I tested putting the same rootdisk onto different filesystems, and
then compressed each of them with gzip -9.  The results were as
follows:

	minix	713k
	ext2	717k
	romfs	712k

Based on these results, I see no reason to prefer any particular
filesystem for the rootdisk; thus, to me it would make most sense to
use ext2 since it's required to be in the kernel for other reasons.
--
"Debian for hackers, Red Hat for suits, Slackware for loons."
--CmdrTaco <URL:http://slashdot.org/articles/99/03/22/0928207.shtml>